Sunday, May 4, 2014

QR Codes and Augmented Reality





Qrafter 

QR codes can be used for a number of things. In my classroom I have used them for vocabulary, spelling, math, and science. Students can quickly scan and go to a site or take a photo and save a list for studying.

Spelling: Students scan the list and taking a screen shot and then use the list to write a story containing the words I have chosen. They also work in pairs one taking the screenshot and then the two of them go back to their seat and use educreation to write, draw, and record the word and use it in a sentence.

Science: Students quickly scan and go to a video on life cycles. They then use information to create a Popplet about what they have learned.

Math: Students use the qr code to quickly go to the math site and review and do math problem.

Augmented Reality FUN!!!





AR Flashcards and Aurasma

My first graders just love augmented reality apps. My favorite is Aurasma. I use this app for science. My first graders did animal reports and then made a diorama using all the information they gathered on their animal. Next in pairs I had them record each other reading their reports. We then used them as an overlay for their projects. Aurasma uses a trigger object and then the overlay appears. The overlay of them reading was awesome. My first graders then shared their reports with other classrooms as they came to our class and used the ipads to watch the Aurasma app in action. I must say we surprised a lot of teachers and students with our technology!!!!

Augmented reality is a great way to keep students on task.  At the beginning of the year I showed the kindergarten teacher the AR Flashcards I created and let her use them with the ipods in her classroom. She also saw how the students stayed on task and loved learning with technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment