Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thing 19 Research and Reference




Diigo Browser                   EasyBib



MW Dictionary and Dictionary.com


EasyBib is just like the name EASY! I remember in college trying to make sure I had my citations right did I need MLA, APA...or whatever?? It was always so confusing. I would have gotten better grades with this app. Easybib took away all the guess work and was a breeze to use.

Dictionary apps MW and Dictionary.com of the two I liked MW the best. MW had nice large print and was very clear to use. MW doesn't have the buttons you need to push at the bottom they are already there in order as you scroll. I know if my first graders push a button they will end up going to an add. I don't like the ads on either one. When first graders are on the computer they are always distracted by the adds and they usually end up pushing a button and going somewhere they shouldn't.

Diigo Browser: I have been using this off and on for a while now. I have a few sites I've saved and use. I like that it doesn't matter what computer I am on I can get to my favorites with ease. It is a quick and easy way to save so you don't forget where it is at. I like the app it is also easy to use. I can share links with others and again it doesn't matter what computer I am on. Students can also use this site and save sites that they need for school while at school for use later at home. There is no need to print out addresses for students because they can go to the link. This makes it a time saver too. It is a great addition to the classroom at any grade level.

No comments:

Post a Comment