Monday, April 28, 2014

16 Content Area Evaluating and Finding Apps



Sentence builder listed as Winner 2010 IEAR language Arts app of the year on APPitic
Place Value MAB 4 + rating in  iTunes store.
Endless Alphabet App Stores Edito's Choice

When it comes to apps I try hard to get them for free. I have installed Apps Gone Free and check it daily for specials. I also get free app offers from Through email from Brad JCISD EdTech Team. At McCulloch I am the go to person for the ipads and ipods. It is my responsibility to purchase apps through the volume purchase program. When I purchase apps for the cart I buy 30 at a time. Most apps are discounted by about half and I can get them for around 14.99 for a cart of 30. Depending on the app some discounts are less. It is very easy to use and gives me my balance so I know how much money is in our account. As a person who uses apps daily I am glad Apple offers this program it has allowed our school to purchase more apps at lower cost.
When teachers come to me asking about apps I can sit down with them and do an evaluation with them and we can check out reviews that other educators or companies like Apple have done. It is a nice tool to use and it makes it easier to see if apps are worth purchasing or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment