Saturday, April 19, 2014

Thing 15 Assesment

Socrative

Five Question Quiz Before and After
I should have change my title to 10 more 10 Less but forgot to will go back and do it later. This is a short math quiz. I like that I can do a quick check over to see who knows 10 more 10 less. When I did this with the whole class it was fun to hear their reactions if they saw a wrong answer on the screen! It is nice that they have no idea who gives the wrong answer. I have also used this with my 3rd grade class a couple years ago. Students like the quick feed back.


Test results I only had a couple students do this for me the other day so it only shows the two.

A short true or false. Question was "Is 16 ten less than 25?"
These types of apps are very useful in the classroom and have some advantages to the basic raise your hand and answer the question verbal activity. Students enjoy the interaction and ability to make a mistake without everyone seeing who did it. Kids aren't afraid to make a mistake and I get more participation. Usually when I ask a question I see the same hands go in the air and with Socrative everyone will answer and no one sits back and waits for someone else. Of course there are also drawbacks. You have to be prepared if the app is not working. I have had times where some students get locked up and it doesn't work and there have been times when connection to the Internet has been a problem. So it is important to always have a back up plan in place just in case you have technical difficulties.

InfuseLearning
 
 
 
 
I tried InfuseLearning with 4 students. I like the way it worked more on the iPad because it was easier for my students to draw. My students liked the draw feature the best. It was easier to use the small stylist to draw on the iPad so most of them said the ipad was the best. On the computer you had to use the mouse and that was harder for my first graders. I can see a big advantage in using both Socrative and InfuseLearning in my classroom. It may take time to set up but once you have made your quizzes they are there to use year after year. I like the immediate feedback that students receive. Students see how well they know the material and we can quickly go over and review which areas they don't know. It helps me with the reteaching process. I don't have to sit and grade papers I can look at the screen and quickly know what to do as far as reteaching. Socrative and InfuseLearning are very similar in both features and connection. InfuseLearning offers a draw feature and Socrative doesn't. Both have quick response short answer ability and I like that. My favorite is InfuseLearning. I like that it has the draw feature for my 1st graders. I can say that both would be a great addition to any classroom and a quick assessment tool to use.
 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment