Saturday, April 12, 2014

Thing 13 Classroom Tools





ClassDojo

I use this app in my classroom to track behavior. My students enjoy the quick feedback and have learned the sounds that tell them to be good. Our music teacher Mrs. Purdue showed me this app at the beginning of the year. It is the one she uses in her classes. I set up a system where they earn points for good behavior and for every 10 points they get a ticket. They may spend their points at that time or choose to save them for a larger prize. Most students spend them qickly but I have had a couple save their tickets for a beanie baby. This is an effective tool as long as you remain consistant. Just like anything else if you don't keep up on it your students will loose interest in it and it won't be as a effective as it could be. I like the ability to choose the behaviors you want to track. It isn't hard to unerstand and it was easy to set up!





 Remind 101

I tried to set this up using addresses of teachers and my husbands just to see how it works. I kept getting a message saying that I could not sign up because the link was too old. After several tries I decide to stop wasting time and move on. This would be a great tool to use as a teacher. I like the private feature allowing phone numbers and text to be private. Remind 101 would be a useful tool in any classroom allowing for quick and easy communication between teacher, student, and parents.


Stop Watch + and I Tap Timer
I use these two apps for timers. When we are doing an activity like writing I always set the timer and when it goes off we stop to regroup at the carpet and read our writing. I also use it if we are doing activities that require a start and stop. I like both of them because they are nice and bright and the kids don't have any trouble hearing or seeing them.







No comments:

Post a Comment